Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The Temple Institute


I (Judy) went to the Temple Institute today. I thought you would be interested to see some of what I saw. They have made utensils, implements, instruments and priests clothing for the Temple when it is rebuilt (no I don't have any inside information on when that might be). We visited this place 16 years ago so it is interesting to see what has been done. As an FYI, they are also training priests for temple worship.


In the Holy place, there will be the incense altar, menorrah, and table of shewbread which are all completed. They are all gold or gold overlay and very beautiful. I was surprised to see what the table of shewbread looks like. The bread is stacked in 2 stacks of 6 bread loaves in each stack representing the 12 tribes. The bread sits on racks (so they don't touch eachother) behind the ornamented leaf like decorations.

Menorrah


Table of Shew Bread

The high priest has on his attire. I expected the blue to be deeper and darker. This blue die comes from a special kind of snail. The crowns are crowns that would be worn by him as he ministers. The altar of incense is in the picture with him.


Priest's Garments

There is also a model of the temple there. all in all it was pretty interesting.




So far we haven't gone up on temple mount but we will. I try to go to the western wall a couple of times a week to pray for you. I know God hears me anywhere but it is a special blessing for me to call out those we love and their needs there.

1 comment:

Dean T. said...

OK, OK, I just ordered a webcam from (where else?) Staples. We'll be up and running by Monday. :-)