Saturday, January 10, 2009

A Pearl of Great Price


As I was walking down Nablos Road to go to the Western Wall Wednesday, I fell. I was rejoicing that nothing broke. After a little grocery shopping I returned to the apartment to put ice on a swollen lip. When I got back, I noticed a black pearl was gone from my ring. While the ring was not expensive, it was of great value to me because it was given to me by my beloved. So I asked God to protect the pearl and help us find it. Al made a special trip to look for it, others prayed and some looked for it as well.
Today as Al & I were out walking Al found the black pearl - not on the side walk where I fell but in the tarred road in a crevice!!!! Cars and busses have driven up that road in the past three days. Also friday, that road was packed with people who could not enter the Damascus Gate.
What a lesson in God's "hands on" concern and care about the problems in our life. Can you imagine that the Great God of the Universe, the One Who holds the stars in place, listend to my request about a tiny pearl, protected the pearl and brought Al's eyes to the black pearl in the black road, in a place beyond where I fell?
The ring will forever be a reminder to me not only of Al's love but of God's love and care in my life.
"Cast all your cares on Him for He careth for you!" I Peter 5:7.

4 comments:

Laurie said...

What a nice reminder! You should write a book!

Allana Martian said...

That's awesome! What a great story and reminder of God's love for us!

Jennifer McGregor said...

You forgot to mention that Dad's blind as a bat. Why did you leave THAT part out?!?!!
Umm, glad you got your pearl back:)

Pilamaya said...

When are you going to write a book about this journey.
Mary